We are looking for a part-time, temporary (six month fixed-term contract) policy caseworker to join the team as we deal with increased demand owing to the Covid-19 crisis. The successful candidate will provide vital support to constituents and to Vicky’s work in Parliament.
While the role will normally be based in our Deptford office, the team is currently working from home. We are ideally looking for someone to work three days per week, but would also consider spreading the same hours over more days.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with meetings and follow up as appropriate.
- Critically analysing patterns of enquiries and communicating the findings to the MP and other staff members.
- Dealing with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Drafting responses to constituents.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Ensuring that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Monitoring and updating social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Ensuring all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Monitoring media coverage and liaising with media as required (on constituency, non-party political matters).
- Occasionally there may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office.
- Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Knowledge of the key issues concerning people in Lewisham Deptford and an understanding of the local area.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11.59pm on 19th July 2020
We are planning to hold interviews via Zoom w/c 27th July or w/c 3rd August. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to complete a test (via email) immediately before their interview. The exact start date is to be confirmed, but ideally we are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4 max) stating why you believe you are suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating ‘Policy Caseworker Application’ in the subject line.