Contact & Surgeries
UPDATE OCTOBER 2021: We are currently receiving a huge number of requests for assistance. Unfortunately this means it is taking longer than we would like to respond, so please bear with us. Thank you.
If you contact me in writing, please remember to include your full name, address and telephone number (where appropriate). If you are contacting me about a casework matter, please also include any relevant reference numbers. These details will help us to deal with your case more efficiently.
If you are contacting me in my capacity as Shadow Minister for Disabled People, please note that unfortunately I do not have the resources to take up cases for people who live outside Lewisham Deptford. I am, however, always keen to hear your experiences of how the system is (or isn’t) working.
Tel: 020 8469 4638 (11.00am-3.00pm Monday-Friday, excluding bank holidays. Please leave a message at other times.)
Post: House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
In line with Government guidance on limiting the spread of coronavirus, my constituency office remains closed to the public. We are picking up emails, letters and telephone messages as usual, but as we are very busy it may take us longer than usual to respond. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to ongoing concerns about COVID-19, I will not be holding my usual surgeries for the foreseeable future. I am, however, holding regular remote advice surgeries via video or telephone call.
If you would like to book one of our 15 minute appointments, please email email@example.com or call 020 8469 4638. As usual, please remember to include your name, address and telephone number, along with a brief outline of the issue.
Upcoming Online Advice Surgeries
Friday 15th October 3.00-6.00pm
Friday 29th October 3.00-6.00pm
Friday 5th November 3.00-6.00pm
Friday 19th November 3.00-6.00pm
Friday 3rd December 3.00-6.00pm
Friday 17th December 3.00-6.00pm
If you are in need of urgent assistance (especially when the office is closed), the following organisations may be of use to you:
- Samaritans – call: 116 123, text: 07725 90 90 90 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further advice if you or someone you know needs mental health support: https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/health/mental-health/get-help-with-mental-health
- Childline – counselling and advice for under 19s. 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247 www.refuge.org.uk
- Other DV support services are listed here: https://www.vickyfoxcroft.org.uk/uncategorised/2020/04/08/domestic-violence-support/
- To make a non-urgent crime report – 101
- Report ASB to LBL – https://lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/publicsafety/antisocial-behaviour/report-antisocial-behaviour or https://www.fixmystreet.com/
- Lewisham Homes out-of-hours repairs team – 0800 028 2028
- Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network – 020 8694 0323 www.lrmn.org.uk
- Advice Lewisham – www.citizensadvicelewisham.org.uk
- British Gas emergency number – 0800 111 999
- Thames Water emergency number – 0800 316 9800
If you have become homeless:
- Streetlink on 0300 500 0914 or https://www.streetlink.london/Streetlink_London_HomePage
- No Second Night Out – 0870 383 3333
- 999 Club – 0208 694 5797
- Shelter – 0808 800 4444