Contact & Surgeries
As an MP I can help constituents with matters relating to central government departments, such as social security and pensions, immigration and passports, health, student finance, policing and education.
If you need help with something which is controlled by local government, such as street cleaning, refuse collection, street lighting, pavements, trees, noise complaints, local planning and parking, your local councillors are best placed to assist in the first instance. You can find contact details for your councillors here.
If you are contacting me in my capacity as Shadow Minister for Disabled People, please note that unfortunately I do not have the resources to take up cases for people who live outside Lewisham Deptford. I am, however, always keen to hear your experiences of how the system is (or isn’t) working.
How to Contact Me
Tel: 020 8469 4638 (11.00am-3.00pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday, excluding bank holidays. Please leave a message at other times.)
Post: House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
If you contact me in writing, please remember to include your full name, address and telephone number (where appropriate). If you are contacting me about a casework matter, please also include any relevant reference numbers. These details will help us to deal with your case more efficiently.
I am holding regular remote advice surgeries via video or telephone call and occasional in person surgeries.
If you would like to book one of our 15 minute appointments, please email email@example.com or call 020 8469 4638. As usual, please remember to include your name, address and telephone number, along with a brief outline of the issue.
Friday 8th December 3.00-6.00 pm
Friday 5th January 3.00-6.00 pm
Friday 19th January 3.00-6.00 pm
Cost of Living Crisis: Constituent Support
If you are struggling with energy bills or other rising costs as a result of the cost of living crisis, you can find further guidance and information about support services in the constituency here.
If you are in need of urgent assistance (especially when the office is closed), the following organisations may be of use to you:
- Samaritans – call: 116 123, text: 07725 90 90 90 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Further advice if you or someone you know needs mental health support: https://lewisham.gov.uk/myservices/socialcare/health/mental-health/get-help-with-mental-health
- Childline – counselling and advice for under 19s. 0800 1111 www.childline.org.uk
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – 0808 2000 247 www.refuge.org.uk
- Other DV support services are listed here: https://www.vickyfoxcroft.org.uk/uncategorised/2020/04/08/domestic-violence-support/
- To make a non-urgent crime report – 101
- Report ASB to LBL – https://lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/publicsafety/antisocial-behaviour/report-antisocial-behaviour or www.lewisham.gov.uk/cleanerlewisham.
- Lewisham Homes out-of-hours repairs team – 0800 028 2028
- Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network – 020 8694 0323 www.lrmn.org.uk
- Advice Lewisham – www.citizensadvicelewisham.org.uk
- British Gas emergency number – 0800 111 999
- Thames Water emergency number – 0800 316 9800
If you have become homeless:
- Streetlink on 0300 500 0914 or https://www.streetlink.london/Streetlink_London_HomePage
- No Second Night Out – 0870 383 3333
- 999 Club – 0208 694 5797
- Shelter – 0808 800 4444