Job Title: Policy Caseworker (fixed-term contract to end of March 2022)
Vicky is recruiting a temporary Policy Caseworker as we continue to deal with increased demand resulting from the pandemic. There may be the possibility of extension if the temporary uplift to the staffing budget is renewed in April 2022.
The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be willing to learn and be happy to turn their hand to whatever needs doing to help ensure the smooth running of the office.
This is a full-time role currently split between Vicky’s Deptford constituency office and remote working, but we will consider applications for flexible working/job shares. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Vicky is a Disability Confident Committed employer and encourages applications from underrepresented groups. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please get in touch.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Dealing with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Drafting responses to constituents.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Ensuring records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation.
- Ensuring that enquiries are dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately.
- Assisting with meetings and follow up as appropriate.
- Critically analysing patterns of enquiries and communicating the findings to the MP and other staff members.
- Monitoring and updating a social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Monitoring media coverage and liaising with media as required (on constituency, non-party political matters).
- Occasionally there may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Knowledge of issues concerning people in Lewisham Deptford and an understanding of the local area.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4 max) stating why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com, stating ‘Policy Caseworker Application’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: 11.59pm Sunday 22nd August 2021.
Interviews: We are planning to hold virtual interviews via Zoom on Tuesday 31st August. This will include a remote written test. We anticipate that invitations to interview will be sent on Wednesday 25th August.
Start Date: As soon as possible