Job Title: Constituency Admin Officer
Working For: Vicky Foxcroft (Lewisham Deptford)
Location: Deptford (remote working during pandemic)
Job Details: Vicky is looking for a Constituency Administrative Officer to join her busy, close-knit constituency team. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, be great at forward planning and be happy to turn their hand to whatever needs doing to help ensure the smooth running of the office.
This is advertised as a full-time role, but we will consider applications for flexible working/job shares. Please note that occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Vicky is committed to increasing diversity and to maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome and encourage applications from underrepresented groups. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please get in touch.
Main duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of Vicky’s diary.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings and surgeries with members of the public and relevant stakeholders.
- Responding to enquiries from the public by telephone, email, letter and in person.
- Assisting with drafting responses to constituents on casework and policy issues.
- Assisting with maintaining Vicky’s social media presence and website.
- Overall administrative support to the office and team.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of the key issues concerning people in Lewisham Deptford and an understanding of the local area.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise and work flexibly under pressure as part of a small team.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
On appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4 max) stating why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com, stating ‘Constituency Admin Officer’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: 5.00pm on Monday 5th April.
We are planning to hold interviews (including a remote written test) from 19th-21st April. It would be helpful if you could include your availability in your application. The start date is up for negotiation, but we will be looking for someone to start as soon as possible.