We are looking for a Constituency Assistant to join our busy, close-knit team in Deptford. The successful candidate will provide vital support to help ensure the smooth running of the office. This is advertised as a full-time role, but we will consider applications for flexible working/job shares. Please note that occasional evening or weekend work may be required.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responding to enquiries from the public by telephone, email, letter and in person and passing on queries to other team members or Vicky as appropriate.
- Managing Vicky’s constituency diary.
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public, local stakeholders and Vicky’s surgeries.
- Assisting with drafting responses to constituents on casework and policy issues.
- Assisting with maintaining Vicky’s social media presence and website.
- Overall administrative support to the office and team.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritise and work under pressure.
- Excellent IT, administrative and organisational skills.
- Experience of dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a small team.
- Knowledge of the key issues concerning people in Lewisham Deptford and an understanding of the local area.
- Understanding of and sympathy with the aims and goals of the Labour Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter (1 side of A4 max) stating why you believe you are suitable for the role to email@example.com, stating ‘Constituency Assistant Application’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: 5.00pm Monday 1st July 2019
We are planning to hold interviews 8th-10th July. It would be helpful if you could include your availability in your covering letter. The start date is up for negotiation, but we will ideally be looking for someone to start as soon as possible.