*APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED *
An exciting opportunity to work with Vicky Foxcroft in Parliament has arisen. If you are interested in joining her small and busy team, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 24th.
Parliamentary Assistant to Vicky Foxcroft MP
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales and based on experience
- Advise the member on policy issues.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the member is accurately informed on key issues.
- Deal with complex queries and complaints on the member's behalf, including drafting and signing letters.
- Lead on project work as required.
- Monitor media coverage and brief the member accordingly.
- Prepare and present results for the purposes of briefing notes for committees, parliamentary questions, articles and press releases.
- Liaise with caseworkers to ensure relevant cases, issues and trends are raised in Parliament.
- Research local, regional or national issues to support member's work.
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
- Undertake research on complex and/or difficult subjects.
- Undertake supervisory responsibility as required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 August 2016
Interviews will take place on Tueday 6th September 2016 and Wednesday 7th September 2016.
Start date Monday 10th October 2016.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please add in any information that you think can support your application, especially relevant parliamentary experience and knowledge of parliamentary procedure. You may also wish to include relevant experience that could support the work of the Youth Violence Commission that Vicky chairs.